Friday, May 21, 2010

Having Fun in Moscow

We've been exploring Moscow for the past few days. We got here on Monday and I don't think I've ever walked this much in my life! We've walked to Red Square, New Arbat and Old Arbat multiple times, Christ the Savior Cathedral and to a bunch of parks. We also got to see the Novodichy monestary - we went there on Monday before our apartment was ready and also went on a boat tour. We also went inside the Kremlin to see all the churches inside - it was very cool. And I think I've seen enough Matroyshka dolls to last me the rest of my life!
Somewhere online I found the top 10 things to see in Moscow and we've seen almost all of them! The one thing we have left to do is go to the market. We've decided to brave the metro by ourselves and go tomorrow. Luckily we have a friend who lives here and she's met up with us a couple times to go on the metro and see some things we probably wouldn't have been able to find. So we've been saving the hard stuff for when she's with us and we need a person who speaks Russian! She can't come with us tomorrow so we're going to try it by ourselves. Hopefully it won't be too difficult.
Tonight we're off to Red Square again to see it all lit up at night and get our daily ice cream cone. Here are some pics of what we've been up to:







5 comments:

  1. Have fun! Gotta check out GUM for shopping. :) the baby's room here is matryoshka inspired. LoL. I love the kiosks with them stacked inside.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very glad that you guys are having a great time--it looks like you've had great weather for the trip. Enjoy the market--it is really a fun place to wander around.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Amy, I have been following you as a fellow Kaluga adopter. You must have stayed in Moscow during the ten day wait?? If you have Nadya the translator tell her Randy, Michelle and Charlie say hi!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. it is so fabulous that you are waiting out your 10 days getting to know your little girl's native country and having adventures you can share with her for years to come!! I am sure you are anxious to get to day 11, tho! and have her in your arms forever!!

    ReplyDelete