Wednesday, March 24, 2010

The FBI is killing me...

Wow - I didn't realize it's been so long since I posted! Right now the only thing I am waiting on is my FBI clearances to come back and then I can get a court date. I know there are a lot of people in the same boat right now and it just really stinks that the only thing holding us up is the US government! I would have at least thought it would be on the Russia side of things, but noooooo.
Anyway, that is my rant on the FBI. I have called both of my senators to see if they can speed things up. One was no help at all but there's a lady in Grassley's office that is helping to see what she can do. Right now she is my only glimmer of hope of not having to wait until May.

Other than that, I have been busy on the nursery. My friend Sarah came over and helped me paint this awesome pattern on the wall - I love it!. I got the crib set up this week and I just have a few more things to do to finish it up! The only thing I'm having trouble with is curtains - I have an idea in my head of what I want and now I'm having trouble finding the fabric that's in my head. There are a couple of Amy Butler fabrics that would look awesome but of course I can't find the ones I want anywhere. I'm hoping I will just come across something that works perfectly that is inexpensive - we'll see. I'll try to post pictures of the half done nursery tonight.

3 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see the nursery! I'm sure it looks amazing! Talk to you soon:) Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE Amy Butler fabrics... cupcake's entire nursery is Amy Butler fabrics that I purchased over the years on eBay :) Now I can't wait to see what you've done with your little one's nursery!!!

    So sorry to hear you are waiting on our own govt to get the paperwork you need ~ I'm praying you get that dossier #2 overseas soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YIKES!! May?? Oh my goodness things have definitely changed since we adopted Cubby 2 years ago. For us, getting our FBI clearance was almost the quickest part of the process. It took less than one week, partly due to the fact that we wrote "URGENT - INT'L ADOPTION" over every inch of available space on the envelope. I'm so sorry it's taking so long to get this part done... best of luck!

    Karyn

    ReplyDelete