Monday, January 25, 2010

Update

So I've been a really bad blogger. I've been reading a lot of blogs though and I'm very excited for those of you that have traveled recently or just got their travel dates - congratulations! But.... I've had nothing to report for myself so I've been having a little pity party and just waiting, and trying very hard to be patient.
My agency says I should hear something in February about a referral and I was getting a little discouraged about it this weekend until I realized that February is only a week away! So I might (hopefully and with fingers crossed) have more exciting news to share in the near future!

I've been keeping busy though with snowblowing my driveway (seriously - I'm ready to be done), trying to stay warm in the sub-zero temps, and trying not to buy things for a child that I don't have a clue on the gender or age. I did give in a little bit though and started making a quilt that is pretty gender neutral. I used some Amy Butler fabric that I absolutely love! Right now I am hand quilting it - not because I wanted to though. The minky fabric on the back kept getting sucked into my sewing maching so I finally gave up and decided to hand stitch it. I'm almost done with that and then I just have to put the binding on it. I'll post pictures of it soon.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Amy,
    I just wanted to pop by and say that I hope that February treats you well! I don't see you post very often and my blog is private now since I travelled over Christmas. I like to keep an eye out for the single girls and hope big things for us all. chuckstar454@hotmail.com from one single PAP to another... this year's gonna be incredible :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amy! I just found your blog & wanted to pass along a little encouragement. Looking back on our adoption journey, it seems like it took FOREVER to make it through the dossier stage, and then FOREVER again to get our trip 1 dates (we traveled blind, so no referral for us to get attached to).

    The 2nd anniversary of meeting our son will be coming up in March, and let me tell you the time absolutely flies by. And the wait in the meantime? So worth each second, minute, hour, day week and month we waited.

    If you need any help, have questions, or just want to vent about the whole process drop me a line!

    Best of luck to you & here's hoping February brings you travel dates!!

    Hugs from GA,
    Karyn

    ReplyDelete