Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Ready. Set. Go!

I guess it's time for me to start my own blog! I have been following so many blogs for a few years now that it feels a little strange to start my own. I have no idea if anyone will even read this but it will still be great to write everything down and I'm looking forward to being able to look back on all of this and remember everything.

This adoption has been quite the process for me. I started thinking about adoption about 5 years ago and started researching countries and agencies. It was so overwhelming at first! I decided on Russia and I was even able to go to Russia 2 summers ago on a missions trip to work in an orphanage - what an eye opening experience! So I have slowly been doing my research and trying to save money for adoption expenses.

This is something I totally feel God has called me to do and I'm finally coming around and ready to take the plunge. I have been arguing with God about this for quite a while saying "okay God, I'll do this adoption thing just let me get married first; okay God, I'll do this, just let me save up enough money first;" and on and on. I finally realized that if this is something God wants me to do, I can't do it on my terms. So I gave up control and I'm totally trusting God for this. I am excited and totally scared out of my mind at the same time. So this is the story of my adoption adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment